The Collectif Arc-en-Ciel (CAEC) is recruiting a Project Coordinator under the “Mental health support through counselling to the parents of LGBTQ+ persons to enhance knowledge and empowerment towards inclusion” Project, funded by the MCB Forward Foundation.
Contract Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: 27 January 2023
The Project coordinator will provide monitoring and evaluation through an action plan of the project inclusive of a narrative and financial reporting to be submitted as per the requirements of the project.
There exist several issues and concerns regarding the LGTBQIA+ community in Mauritius, including homophobia – as reported by verbal or online threat cases, financial insecurity, and inadequate access to mental and physical health facilities and safety. With this project the CAEC wants the LGBTQ+ persons and their parents to comfortably avail to mental health services, without judgement and with a high sense of security. This will be made possible through the CAEC’s continuous efforts to improve facilities and support for the Community and the marginalized identities in the Mauritian society and their parents.
Minimum Job Requirement/ Qualifications and training required
- Completed degree(s) in Management, Social Work and any relevant field from an accredited institution;
- Fluent in Kreole, English and French;
- Evidence of professional and ethical conduct;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and present the action plan of the project to the CAEC team and relevant stakeholders.
- Manage project deliverables in line with the plan.
- Manage project scope and deal with escalating issues when necessary.
- Maintain relationships with third-party consultants and/or subcontractors.
- Monitor project expenses towards a defined budget.
- Liaise with other stakeholders to solicit information and coordinate efforts during project
development and implementation.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met as per project obligations
- Report on a regular basis to the CAEC team as well as perform other duties that might be
The appointed service provider will report to the Director.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation by email to [email protected] or in hardcopies to the CAEC’s Office at Darwin Avenue, Quatre Bornes, Mauritius by Friday 27 January 2022 at 15hrs.
The email subject should be Project Coordinator / (2 of 2023) _YOUR SURNAME (for e.g., Project Coordinator / (2 of 2023) _SMITH) and/or envelope should clearly mention Counsellor / (2 of 2023) _YOUR SURNAME.
The CAEC has the right to call only shortlisted candidates for interviews. Candidates might be asked to
provide of proof of qualifications and/or other relevant documents as and when required.